Latitude Sidekick 3-Channel Motor Driver Receiver | RED Camera Control- Refurbished
** Refurbished items may show signs of gentle use that do not affect product function. All items have been quality tested. **
The Latitude Sidekick motor driver receiver is designed to fit seamlessly onto the side of any RED DSMC2 camera. It supports up to 3 motors for FIZ control (Focus, Iris, and/or Zoom) and can control run/stop on DSMC2 cameras. The system receives commands from any Teradek 4-Axis or 6-Axis Controller at up to 5000ft (1.5km) away and includes automatic or manual (softstop) calibration with a proprietary algorithm for torque control and lens protection. Since the Latitude Sidekick integrates with all RED DSMC2 cameras, it allows users to control EF/AF lens focus/iris with their own internal motors, in addition to camera shutter, ISO, run/stop and button features (2x magnification, edge, focus assist).
- Official RED third party accessory compatible with any DSMC2 camera
- Passes data through RED camera data pins
- Drives up to 3 lens motors and/or electronic focus and iris on Canon & Nikon lens using their built in motors
- This module requires more power than the BRAIN can supply from the Sidekick port, so you need EXTERNAL Power and CTRL cables. These connect neatly at the back/bottom of the module.
- The 3x LM 2-pin power outputs are passed through directly at the same voltage as the Power-Input.
- The MDR-SK does NOT have WIFI built in as it is for use with DSMC2 cameras which have integral WIFI.
- The RED SIDEKICK is fully supported and will power and communicate normally. The RED DSMC2 Side Handle is NOT supported due to physical warranty concerns.
*Please note the Latitude Sidekick MDR-SK WIFI range booster is no longer included, and the SK will be provided with a flat LATITUDE antenna cap as pictured.